Listening to older people
What we do is shaped by what older people tell us.
Most people’s aspiration is to age well and live independently in their own homes for as long as possible. Care & Repair England’s work is guided by that principle.
Here is the brochure that summarises what older people across England told us ‘Home’ means to them
Working with older people
Care & Repair England supports action by older people’s groups to improve housing and related services for an ageing population across England.
We offer information and resources on housing issues to local groups, alongside practical help to undertake local action e.g. organising events, surveys & reports.
Click on Housing Action for more information
Care & Repair England believes in the importance of:
- Working directly with older people who are affected by poor or inadequate housing conditions (the majority of whom live in private sector housing) to develop long term solutions
- Enabling older people to live independently and with dignity in their own homes for as long as they wish
- Connecting housing, health and social care in ways that improve older people’s whole quality of life
- Enabling older people to influence the planning of housing, related services and wider decision making
- Actively promoting and implementing equality and anti-discrimination practice in relation to age, disability, gender, race, faith and sexual orientation