Moving Home

If you would like to find out more about your possible housing options and to talk to someone about moving home we recommend you contact EACFirstStop, the national experts in this field.

Lady in wheelchair looking in estate agent window

EACFirstStop Advice is an independent, impartial and free service provided by the national charity Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC). The service is for older people, their families and carers. It aims to help people to get the help or care they need to live as independently and comfortably as possible. Whether you want to remain living where you are now, or are thinking about moving to somewhere that suits you better, they are there to discuss your options.

There is a great deal of information about housing and care options on their website, which has a search facility enabling you to look for types of specialist housing in your local area. 

Telephone Helpline: 0800 377 7070 / 0203 519 6002  (Mon-Fri  9am-5pm)

A small number of local organisations offer information about housing options and help to move home. Again, EACFirstStop can put you in touch if there is a service in your area.

See also our Silverlinks page for more discussions and ideas about thinking about moving home vs staying put and how older people are helping each other to face this decision