Disabled Facilities Grant – a system of help with home adaptations for disabled people in England – an overview
A new briefing from Care & Repair England is available to download here [Nov 2016]
We are currently working with a number of groups of researchers and stakeholders including.
- Modelling cost benefits of adaptations with Building Research Establishment
Work to model the financial benefits to the NHS arising from preventative housing interventions was prompted by the BRE’s involvement in our ‘Bletchley Day’ in 2014 which brought together The final report was published in May 2016 .
- Improving evidence on the financial benefits of home adaptations
We are currently working with the University of Exeter on research plans.
- Housing decision making in later life
Led by the Open University and at an earlier stage of development.
- The impact of the home environment on independent living in later life
We are working with the University of Salford’s School of the Built Environment.
- ‘What works’ Home Adaptations Evidence Review
We are working closely with the Centre for Ageing Better on this initiative.