Health at Home -The Right Prescription. Reducing delayed transfers of care and increasing independence at home for older people through integrated housing interventions – 21st June 2016
In June 2016 Care & Repair England, with the support of Manchester Institute for Collaborative Research on Ageing (MICRA) and the British Society of Gerontology (BSG), held a national conference in Manchester, Health at Home – The Right Prescription.
Presentations were given by the following speakers which can be downloaded by clicking on the name of the presentation:
- Health at home overview & the challenges of demonstrating ‘what works’ Sue Adams OBE, Care & Repair England.
- The role of housing in health and care integration, reducing delayed transfer of care and the importance of evidence – Sarah Cromwell, Department of Health
- Integration – the big experiment? The evidence needed for health and care integration & Devo Manc as a pioneer – Gill Leng, Public Health England
- Using national housing data & evidence to model health gains – Helen Garrett, Building Research Establishment.
- Applying evidence – the falls example – Dr Emma Stanmore, Manchester Institute for Collaborative Research on Ageing.
- The commsissioner perspective on integration and evidence – Helen Simpson, Bolton Council
The integration innovators – health & housing services in action:
- CCG Funded Home Adaptations – Anees Mank, Wigan Council
- Home from Hospital – Janette Linacre, Manchester Care & Repair
- Hospital Discharge– Lee Norman, St Helens Council
- Cluster Care Co-ordination – Geraldine Kiddle, Warrington HIA
National conference about Home Adaptations and Falls Prevention ‘Falling through the Gaps‘
In July 15 Care & Repair England, with the support of the British Society of Gerontology (BSG), staged a national conference in London, Falling through the Gaps: connecting research, policy and practice in the field of ageing, falls prevention and housing interventions.
Presentations were given by Lord Filkin, chair of the Centre for Ageing Better, BSG, Public Health England, the Building Research Establishment & AGILE plus commissioners and providers.
Some of these presentations can be downloaded here:
- Care & Repair England, Sue Adams www.careandrepair-england.org.uk
- BSG, Professor Sheila Peace www.bsg.org.uk
- PHE, Daniel Macintyre www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health–
- AGILE and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Presentation Kate Bennett, www.agile.csp.org.uk www.csp.org.uk
- Building Research Establishment, Mike Roys www.bre.co.uk
- Dorset County Council, Derek Hardy www.dorsetforyou.com
- Knowsley Older People’s Voice, Tom Best www.kopv.org.uk
- Age UK Warwickshire, Elizabeth Phillips MBE www.ageuk.org.uk/warwickshire
- Westminster HIA, Lesley Bellenger/Geraint Maddocks, www.westminster.gov.uk
Please find a summary report of Falling through the gaps – our national falls prevention and housing conference in partnership with the British Society of Gerontologists which took place earlier this year.
If you would like to offer further comments or want to let us know of any action you are taking in this area please contact Martin Hodges, Health and Housing Programme Lead at Care & Repair England – details on the last page of the summary. [October 15]
Care & Repair England responds to consultations from policy makers to influence decisions about housing and the related services which affect the lives of older people.
Here are links to our recent submissions:
Housing for older people inquiry
Inquiry to be conducted into supply of housing for older people by the Department of Communities and Local Government Select Committee. Written submissions by 24 March [Feb2017]
NICE – National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
Older people with Social care needs and multiple Long term conditions
- comments on draft scope Aug 15.
- Final Scope published Oct 15 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/GID-CGWAVE0792/documents/final-scope
- comments on draft topic overview for quality standard April 16
- comments on draft quality standard for falls prevention Aug 16
Older people: independence and mental wellbeing
- comments on draft guidelines July 15.
- Final Guidelines published Dec 15 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng32
- Final Quality Standard published 5 December 16 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/qs137
Older people with learning disabilities
- comments on draft scope Sept 15
- Final Scope published Dec 15 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/GID-SCWAVE0776/documents/final-scope-2
Older people with social care needs and multiple long term conditions
Final Guidance published Nov 15 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng22
Preventing excess winter deaths and morbidity
- comments on draft quality standard March 15.
- Final Quality Standard published March 16 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/qs117
Transitions between inpatient settings and community care or care home settings for adults with social care needs
Final Guidance published Dec 15 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng27
Final Quality Standard published Dec 16 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/qs136
Lords Select Committee on the Built Environment
Report published February 2016 http://www.parliament.uk/built-environment